The Ealing Half Marathon:
Our 10 Week Training Package
In preparation for this year’s Ealing Half Marathon we are offering a unique 10 week plan to get you in the best possible running shape for the start line on 29th September 2019!
This isn’t a training programme for running, because we kind of assume most people will be doing the running part themselves ( although we can help you with that as well of course).
This training package is all about the non-running elements of training for the Ealing Half Marathon, or indeed, any half marathon.
What Will Happen
- Over the 10 weeks you will attend weekly training sessions and learn/develop conditioning exercises that are specifically designed to improve your running
- You will get stronger at running as well as develop some serious core strength
- You will learn proper running warm up drills and how to stretch before and after your training runs
- Our Personal Trainers will also guide you with what exercises you can do on your own to maximise your sessions with us
- We will give you guidance on your training runs
- You will receive a free download of our extensive “How to train for a Half Marathon Properly” guide
10 x 45 min sessions covering the following aspects :
Strength and Conditioning
- Exercises specifically designed to help you become stronger and run better.
- Lower body exercises to increase strength and power in your legs
- Upper Body exercises to help improve your running posture
Flexibility and Warming Up
- The correct warm up drills are crucial in helping you stay injury free as well as helping you to run faster
- Do you do any core exercises? Chances are you do, but without evening knowing you’re doing them! Core exercises are so important in so many ways ; keeping your lower back strong, improving posture, building up strength all over the body.
The Details :
- The 10 sessions will be tailored specifically to your requirements including elements of all of the above as well as running programmes should you require them.
- The sessions can be booked whenever suits you during the week and/or at weekends; we will fit them in around your schedule.
- You can do the sessions on your own with one of our Trainers or share them with a running partner at no extra cost!
- The 10 x 45 min sessions are priced at £337.50
- The sessions will begin w/c 7th July and run up to the 22nd September ( a week before the half marathon) but you can join any time and we will adjust timings and cost accordingly